Walt Disney World is preparing for its usually busy holiday season in a year that forced the resort to make changes.
The 2020 celebration will begin on November 6, 2020, through December 30, 2020. All across the four theme parks, Disney Springs and Disney resort hotels, guests will be able to see decorations and try seasonal food and drinks at The Most Magical Place on Earth, as well as special merchandise and enchanting new entertainment experiences.
The Cinderella Castle will be back dressed in Christmas wonder and Magic Kingdom will have gingerbread men and elves – will join Disney characters in cavalcades through the park. On Main Street, U.S.A., toy soldiers will march with the Main Street Philharmonic as they bring musical cheer for all to hear.
Although the annual firework shows and the Candlelight Processional in EPCOT will not be happening this year due to the social distancing guidelines, the resort will have the following:
- Favorite Disney characters dressed in their holiday finest will appear in festive flotillas at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, holiday promenades at EPCOT, and merry motorcades at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Minnie Mouse will host a yuletide dining experience at Hollywood & Vine, inviting some of her best pals – including Santa Goofy – to join the fun.
- Inside World ShowPlace at EPCOT, JOYFUL! will take guests on a musical journey of holiday music, while Voices of Liberty will use their eight-part harmonies to share songs of the season at the America Gardens Theatre.
- Elaborately decorated Christmas trees will spring up throughout Disney Springs, and a magical snowfall will occur within Town Center, West Side, and The Landing. In addition, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar will transform into Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar with delightful décor and a limited-time menu of festive favorites.
- Disney resort hotels will deck their halls for the holidays, including iconic Christmas trees in lobbies and other festive flourishes.
- Santa Claus will wave to guests as he makes pop-up appearances at each park, as well as Disney Springs. At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, for example, he will sail down Discovery River on a special flotilla.
The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays will also return beginning November 27.