- Universal CityWalk in Hollywood has reopened on June 10 with a soft opening allowing only limited dining and shops to be open.
Universal CityWalk has reopened today with phased reopenings which means only a limited amount of offerings will be available.
The first locations to open include Voodoo Doughnut, Johnny Rockets, Blaze Pizza, Starbucks, Crepe Café, Pizza Hut & KFC, Taco Bell, and Buca di Beppo, Shoe Palace, Skechers and Guess Accessories.
CityWalk will be open daily from noon to 8 p.m. but individual locations may have their own hours. More locations will become available at later times as phased opening continues. Complimentary self-parking is available during this initial reopening period, subject to change.
CityWalk has also implemented health and safety guidelines for guests to follow which include:
- Temperature checks for all Guests upon arrival. If they have a temperature of 100.4° Fahrenheit / 38° Celsius or greater, the Guest will not be permitted to enter.
- Face coverings required for all Guests throughout their visit. Face coverings also will be available for purchase.
- Limited occupancy at all venues to help enforce social distancing.
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting at all high touch points, including chairs and tables.
As of now, there is only one single point of entry to monitor guest flow. Universal will monitor conditions and will adjust as they see fit. There has been no mention if there is a capacity limit as of now.
Universal Studios Hollywood will remain closed with no proposed reopening date. Park officials are working with L.A. to hopefully allow a reopening date in July. Universal Orlando reopened on June 5 and its CityWalk district reopened in May.
CityWalk marks the first major reopening in the theme park industry in California. Disneyland has not announced plans yet if it will reopen its parks or Downtown Disney soon but this could mark a step in the right direction for reopening.