Global Citizen has announced the expansion of “Global Citizen Live” to include Los Angeles and London with an outdoor event in L.A. The event will be headlined by Stevie Wonder with Adam Lambert, Chloe x Halle, Demi Lovato, H.E.R., ONEREPUBLIC, Ozuna, The Lumineers, and 5 Seconds of Summer at The Greek Theatre on September 25, 2021. Also announced was the lineup in London, featuring performances from Duran Duran, Kylie Minogue, Måneskin, Nile Rodgers and Chic, and Rag’n’Bone Man all from a spectacular location. Tickets for the Los Angeles festival are available now at globalcitizenlive.la.
Both events are part of the once-in-a-generation day of unity across six continents to be broadcast over 24 hours on networks around the world. ABC News live will broadcast the full event beginning at 12:30 p.m EDT on September 25, live on BBC One on September 25 from 5:30 p.m., and across the BBC platforms until approximately 3 a.m.; and airing a highlights show on ABC on September 26 at 7 p.m.
BBC Radio 1 will be reflecting “Global Citizen Live” with a special Life Hacks show on Sunday, September 26 at 4:00 p.m. hosted by Vick Hope and Katie Thistleton. The show will take a further look into some of the issues raised and will play out some of the sets from the event. BBC Radio 2 will also be broadcasting a special show with highlights of the performances from the event on Sunday, September 26 at 7:00, hosted by Trevor Nelson.
Performances by BTS, Usher, Andrea Bocelli, Green Day, Keith Urban, Lorde, Metallica, and Ricky Martin will round out the broadcast, cutting to ticketed, COVID-19-compliant events:
• LOS ANGELES (presented by Verizon) with Stevie Wonder, Adam Lambert, Chloe x Halle, Demi Lovato, H.E.R., ONEREPUBLIC, Ozuna, The Lumineers, and 5 Seconds of Summer
• NEW YORK CITY (presented by Citi and Cisco) with Coldplay, Billie Eilish, Camila Cabello, Jennifer Lopez, Lizzo, Meek Mill, Shawn Mendes, and special guest performances by Alessia Cara, Burna Boy, Cyndi Lauper, Jon Batiste, and Lang Lang
• PARIS with Ed Sheeran, Elton John, Doja Cat, DJ Snake, Black Eyed Peas, Stormzy, Christine and the Queens and special guest performances by Angélique Kidjo, Charlie Puth, and Fatma Said
• LONDON with Duran Duran, Kylie Minogue, Måneskin, Nile Rodgers and Chic, and Rag’n’Bone Man
• LAGOS with Femi Kuti, Davido, Tiwa Savage, and Made Kuti
• RIO DE JANEIRO with Alok, Mart’nália, Criolo, Liniker, with special guests Tropkillaz, and Mosquito, in partnership with Rock In Rio
• SYDNEY with Delta Goodrem and more to be announced
“It is again my pleasure and honor to join with all of the artists who are using their gift of song to celebrate the Global Citizens’ event by doing our part in working against global warming, starvation and singing for equality around the world … We Are The Village!!!” said Stevie Wonder.
Adriana Chavez is the editor for Vacancy. Email: email@example.com