- The Latin Alternative Music Conference announces its inaugural Wonder Woman of Latin Music Class of 2020.
The Latin Alternative Music Conference will inaugurate the Wonder Women of Latin Music during this year’s virtual conference. The award will recognize a group of leading female executives. The conference moved online due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The class of 2020 is presented by Amazon Music and includes Rebeca León (Lionfish Entertainment), Jennifer D’Cunha (Apple Music), Yvonne Drazan (peermusic), and Billboard‘s Leila Cobo, among others.
“Latin music has more global influence than ever before, so it’s crucially important that we spotlight and recognize the women artists and executives who have driven this movement,” says Rocío Guerrero, global head of Latin music for Amazon Music.
The 21st edition of the conference will be free and will take place on June 9 through the 13 virtually. Online panels, workshops, showcases, and networking opportunities will be part of the event. It will also include performers Kany García, Francisca Valenzuela, Gabriel Garzón-Montano and Tatiana Hazel.
Guerrero will moderate the Wonder Women of Latin Music panel on June 11 that will feature some of the honorees which include including León, Emily Simonitsch (Live Nation), Rosa Lagarrigue (RLM), Inma Grass (Altafonte) and Luana Pagani (Seitrack US).
Full List of Wonder Women of Latin Music 2020 honorees:
- Rosa Lagarrigue – RLM
- Luana Pagani – Seitrack US
- Leila Cobo – Billboard
- Rocío Guerrero – Amazon Music
- Colleen Theis – The Orchard
- Angie Martínez
- Rebeca León – Lionfish Entertainment
- Mia Nygren – Spotify
- Jennifer D’Cunha – Apple Music
- Itzel González – Ocesa
- Emily Simonitsch – Live Nation
- Gabriela Martínez – Warner Latin
- Alejandra Fierro – Radio Gladys Palmera
- Livys Cerna – The Latin Recording Academy
- Yvonne Drazan – peermusic
- Diana Rodríguez – Criteria Entertainment
- Inma Grass – Altafonte
- Laura Tesoriero – The Orchard
- Janette Berrios – Symphonic
- Alicia Zertuche