- 'Hamilton: An American Musical' has logged its 246th week on the Billboard 200 chart.
Hamilton: An American Musical has logged its 246th week on the Billboard 200 this week. The feat has moved it up to the sixth place on the list of cast albums with the longest runs on that chart. The chart originated in March 1956.
The album moved up a spot to No.85 from No. 86. The album peaked at No. 3 in 2016. Now at week 246, it has moved past The Music Man.
Hamilton was written by Lin-Manuel Miranda and swept the Tony Awards the year it was nominated and won the Grammy for best musical theater album.
Although Hamilton is still as popular as ever, it still has a long way to go to beat other popular Broadway musicals that spend longer on the chart.
Here’s the full list of records:
- My Fair Lady, 480 Weeks
- Highlights from The Phantom Of the Opera, 331 Weeks
- The Sound of Music, 276 Weeks
- Camelot, 265 Weeks
- The Phantom Of the Opera, 255 Weeks
- Hamilton: An American Musical, 246 Weeks
- The Music Man, 245 Weeks
- Fiddler on the Roof, 206 Weeks
- West Side Story, 186 Weeks
- Man of La Mancha, 167 Weeks