- FX has unveiled the full digital experience FX UNLOCKED for Comic-Con@Home.
FX has unveiled its full line-up of digital experiences for this year’s virtual San Diego Comic-Con, Comic-Con@Home taking place from July 23 to July 26.
Fans will be able to unlock exclusive content, games and special virtual activations inspired by their favorite FX series, including What We Do in the Shadows, DAVE, Cake, and American Horror Story. Fans will be able to win FX branded prizes just like they would in person by unlocking the world of FX at FXSDCC.com starting July 23.
FX’s full line-up of digital experiences for Comic-Con@Home include the following:
- Test of Terror
- In celebration of the nine seasons of American Horror Story, fans will dive into a unique gamified trivia experience. They will navigate their way through some fearful moments by testing their knowledge of the series and solving escape room-like mechanics.
- A Chat with Dave & GaTa
- Fans of DAVE have been pulled in by the authentic humor that springs up between Dave Burd, known by his stage name Lil Dicky, and his real-life hype man, GaTa. In an exclusive Q&A, fans will be able to see Dave and GaTa break down some of the best moments from the series and the inspiration from their lived experiences.
- Guillermo’s Stakeout
- Fans will be able to help Guillermo protect Nandor, Laszlo, Nadja, and Colin Robinson from the werewolves and vampires trying to kill them in this single-player interactive game. Players will wield Guillermo’s stake and see how high they can score to be one of the best on the official leaderboard. Each day the top 50 scoring fans will win an exclusive deck of What We Do in the Shadows playing cards.
- Piece of Cake with Jeron Braxton
- A chance to get a behind-the-scenes look at Cake with an interactive workshop hosted by Jeron Braxton, creator of Daytime Noir. Participants will get hands-on experience learning how they can create their own art in partnership with Otis College of Art & Design Extension, a national leader in art and design.
- FX on Hulu Cosplay Gallery
- Cosplay has always been an iconic part of the Comic-Con experience with fans showcasing their impressive craftsmanship with realistic and creative costumes of their favorite characters. FX is helping them keep the traditional alive with the first virtual FX on Hulu Cosplay Gallery. Fans can submit their costume photos, sketches or mockups inspired by their favorite FX originals (via Instagram) for the chance to see their costume grace the walls of the digital gallery.
“We will miss attending the traditional event this year, but the silver lining is that with FX Unlocked we can engage with fans from across the country. We see this as an opportunity to forge an even stronger connection with our audience and make our shows part of this virtual celebration,” says Kenya Hardaway, Senior Vice President, Integrated Promotions-Multi-Platform Marketing at FX Networks.
FX will also have two virtual panel sessions for Archer and What We Do in the Shadows which will include the series stars and producers.
The panels will be available for all fans to watch on Comic-Con’s YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/ComicCon at the following times:
- Archer (FXX) – Friday, July 24 at 5 p.m. PT
- What We Do in the Shadows (FX) – Saturday, July 25 at 5 p.m. PT