- Faith Counts has kicked off its fourth 'Film Your Faith' contest kicks off.
Faith Counts, the leading and fastest-growing multi-faith online platform, is launching its fourth Film Your Faith contest, and awarding $35,000 in prizes to top films of two minutes or less showcasing the power of faith in a positive light.
Filmmakers will be able to submit their work from June 8, 2020, through September 9, 2020. Online votes will begin to choose the Fan Favorite in October and a diverse group of faith leaders and film industry professionals will serve as the judges to choose the Grand Prize and the Honorable Mention winners.
“This is a chance to show the many positive aspects of faith,” says Faith Counts Communications Director Kerry Troup. “What does the world look like through your unique lens of faith? Pull out your phone or grab your camera gear, tap record and show us in two minutes or less how faith changes lives, relationships and communities for the better.”
The contest will have three cash prizes that include $20,000 cash for the Grand Prize winner, the Fan Favorite winner receives $10,000 cash, and one Honorable Mention winner receives $5,000 cash.
As the contest kicks off, Faith Counts will donate $5,000 to Capital Area Food Bank, a member of Feeding America started by an interfaith movement. The organization has been serving the Washington, D.C. during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Full list of rules:
- Video submissions must be two minutes or less and must showcase faith in a positive light. Additional criteria can be found at faithcounts.com/video-contest
- Upload video entries to YouTube starting June 8, 2020 and then submit them using the entry form on faithcounts.com/video-contest by midnight September 9, 2020
- The Top Ten finalists will be announced on the Faith Counts website and social media channels on September 21, 2020
- From September 21 to October 2, 2020, viewers will vote for their Fan Favorite video from amongst the Top Ten.
- A panel of judges will select the Grand Prize Winner and the Honorable Mention Winner. Prizes will be announced the week of October 19, 2020.
The Film Your Faith judges
-Pastor Teddy Reeves, Specialist of Religion at the Smithsonian National Museum of African-American History and Culture
-Rabbi Josh Bolton, Director, Brown University and Rhode Island School of Design Hillel
-Rich Peluso, Executive Vice President, AFFIRM Films
-Naima Mora, author, model and the winner of Cycle 4 of America’s Next Top Model
-Simran Jeet Singh, educator, writer, and activist, a columnist for Religion News Service, host of the “Spirited” podcast, visiting professor of religion at Union Theological Seminary
-Dale Bannon, Community Relations and Development Director for The Salvation Army
-Aysha Khan, a journalist covering American Muslims at Religion News Service
-Sister Lisa Harkness, first counselor in the Primary general presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
For entry details, frequently asked questions about the contest and a list of rules and restrictions, visit http://faithcounts.com/video-contest/.
Last year’s Grand Prize winner “Faith is Knowing” by Kyle Churchwell is available to watch here.