- Cedar Fair has announced that its parks in Ohio, Texas, Missouri, and California will begin phased reopenings.
Cedar Fair Entertainment Company will begin to reopen more of its theme parks with phased openings and new health, safety, and hygiene protocols in place.
The phased opening of several popular properties for the 2020 season include the following:
- Kings Island in Mason, Ohio will open its amusement park on July 2;
- Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky is planning a July 9 opening; the park previously announced that its Hotel Breakers and Lighthouse Point RV sites would open June 12;
- The Schlitterbahn waterparks in New Braunfels and Galveston, Texas will open June 13; and
- Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, Missouri will open its amusement park on June 22.
Waterparks at Cedar Point, Kings Island, and Worlds will not reopen alongside the theme parks. A date for reopening will be determined at a later date.
The parks will have limited capacity and will begin by opening to season passholders only then will allow daily ticketholders. An advanced reservation system will be in place to monitor the limited capacities per day. Guests and employees will undergo a temperature check before entering and must wear face masks. More hand sanitizer locations will be available throughout the parks.
Cedar Fair CEO Richard Zimmerman said, “We want our guests and associates to feel confident knowing that our parks are taking extensive measures to welcome them back to an environment where safety is the highest priority. People will experience our new health and hygiene protocols before they enter the properties for either work or play; these enhancements will be observed throughout the entire day and at departure. We are thrilled that our guests will again be able to enjoy a best day experience at Cedar Point, Kings Island, the Schlitterbahn parks and Worlds of Fun, as well as great shopping and dining again at Knott’s Berry Farm. We look forward to more openings as restrictions are lifted around the country.”
Cedar Fair previously announced it would use new technology to help guide guests and help maintain all the safety protocols.
Adriana Chavez is the editor for Vacancy. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org