- CBF Productions presents 'Concerts in Your Car' with socially distanced live entertainment.
Music lovers will get their chance to see live entertainment this summer. CBF Productions is launching Concerts in Your Car, California’s first socially-distanced concert and entertainment venue.
The pop-up events will take place at the Ventura County Fairgrounds parking lot and will run through the end of September.
“After months being homebound, we wanted to create an opportunity for music fans to get out and enjoy an epic concert experience in a safe environment,” says CBF Productions founder, Vincenzo Giammanco. “It’s our goal to give our community a little relief for this temporary problem with a temporary solution, as well as bring some much-needed funding into the local economy. If it’s successful, we plan on expanding to other cities.”
Concerts in Your Car will offer 700 carloads of fans the opportunity to see live, in-person performances. The empty parking lot is transformed into a pulsing theatre-in-the-round, complete with a massive stage, state-of-the-art sound system transmitting from fans car’s FM radio, elaborate lighting, and four massive LED video screens that will provide 360 degrees of visual entertainment that can be seen from any parking spot. Concert-goers can also see and interact with one another with the download of a Zoom link, for a more connected crowd experience.
The event will follow the CDC’s and California’s state guidelines to ensure each event meets or exceeds all recommended standards. All event staff will be wearing required PPE (personal protective equipment).
Attendees will have to stay inside their vehicles and will only be allowed to sit n the bed of their trucks or in the back of SUVs as long as face masks are worn. Anyone exiting their car must wear a mask and remain next to their vehicle, and no more than two guests per vehicle can leave to use the restroom at the same time.
Attendees will also be able to purchase food from the concession stand from local eateries to support locations during these times. Fans can also bring their own food into the events.
CBF Productions are also staging a variety of safe events for all ages including Movies in Your Car, Tributes Bands in Your Car, and Theatre in Your Car.
Event tickets are priced per car, per section “ring” and available in advance only. Movie tickets are general admission and vehicles will be placed on a first-come, first-served basis to an assigned parking space.
Full event information and tickets are available at https://www.concertsinyourcar.com/.
Full event schedule below:
- J2B2 John Jorgenson Bluegrass Band – Thursday, July 16 (8:00 PM)
- Fishbone/Ozomatli/Rey Fresco – Sat, July 18 (8:00 PM)
- Third Eye Blind – Saturday, July 25 (8:00 PM)
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani & Trace Adkins Exclusive Screen Performance -Saturday, July 25 (11:00 PM)
- Zoppe, An Italian Family Circus – Friday, July 31 (7:30 PM), Saturday, August 1 (3:30 & 7:30 PM) and Sunday, August 2 (3:30 & 7:30 PM)
- Sublime with Rome – Friday, August 7 (5:30 and 9:30 PM)
- Rodney Atkins – Saturday August 8 (8:00PM)
- Fitz and the Tantrums – Saturday, August 29 (8:00 PM)
Adriana Chavez is the editor for Vacancy. Email: email@example.com